Sunday 29 December 2013

Yet Another Visit From Jeff - Diary Entry #4





May 18:
I was out taking a walk up the Neston Woods a little while from the village shop only a mile or so away from my home, I'd stopped off at the village shop and brought myself a back of lemon bom-boms, they had all sorts of flavoured bom-boms, but the lemon ones were my favourite. I hummed along to my favourite Black Veil Brides song, Perfect Weapon, as I trudged up the dirt path that lead between the fields on the way to Neston Woods. The corn growing in the fields were taller than me, just like when I'd first come here with my foster family. The memory turned bitter when I remembered Benjii, my foster mum's old White Scottish Terrier. Benjii had been old but he'd managed the walk up to the top of the woods and back down again, with a springy little Rebel by his side. It made me so sad thinking of the poor old dog, remembering that he'd been in agony for ages and no one had known because the vets couldn't find anything wrong with him at first. Poor old thing, I thought sadly as I stopped and sat on a pile of rocks that protruded from the side of the corn.

I munched on a bom-bom silently, still fuming about the things the girls from school had said....and also the fact that Jeff and eaten what remained of my Jaffa Cake stash when he'd unexpectedly visited yesterday. A small grin spread across my lips, the fact that he'd come and eaten my sandwiches and Jaffa Cakes reminded me of the Dwarves who'd come and cleaned out poor Mr Bilbo Baggins's pantry in The Hobbit. 
"What's so funny, eh, Charleen?" A rough, dark voice asked from my right.
I turned and jumped, yelping as I fell off of the rocks. "Hey! Don't sneak up like that on people!"
  Jeff just grinned and grabbed the hood of my racoon hoodie, hauling me roughly to my feet. "You didn't answer my question."
I scowled at him. "Nothing much, I was just thinking about Bilbo Baggins's uninvited guests were absolutely no trouble compared to my uninvited guest."
Jeff grinned again. "But you did invite me to hang around with you."
I crossed my arms, grabbed my bom-boms and made sure my mp3 player was intact, when I was satisfied that it was I looked at him. "When did I do that?"
Jeff sat himself on the rocks as if it were a sofa. "When you stopped me from choking to death in the park."

I huffed and turned away, deciding to continue my walk to Neston Woods. Of course, Jeff followed me. "So...where are we going?"
I crossed my arms over my chest and frowned. Jeff was getting really annoying with his stalking behaviour. I turned to him. "Why don't you follow someone else?!" I snapped, picking up my speed.
Jeff seemed a little hurt by this but picked up the pace, grabbing my elbow. "Hey, jeeze, all I want to do is talk to you."
I threw him a venomous look. "Since when did the fearsome Jeff The Killer talk? Weren't you going to kill me in the park?"
Jeff lowered his head a little and sighed. "Yeah....yeah I was, what does that have to do with anything?"
I stopped in my tracks and jabbed a finger into his chest, making him blink. "Look, I don't know why you want to talk to me, but this is really annoying ok, nobody and I mean nobody just follows me around out of the blue, even if they are a murderer."

Jeff stood and walked over to me, draping an arm around my shoulders, making me seethe in anger. That was another thing I didn't like, guys getting snuggly with me. "Ahhh, you're one of them loner girls, I see that now. One of those 'don't take no bullsh*t' kind of girls. I get it, you want to go on your walk and loose yourself in deep thoughts. I can be quiet. Real quiet. Yeah, super quiet."
I scowled at him and shrugged his arm off, starting to walk again. "Actually, I'm the kind of loner girl who prefers to sit in a corner and hide my face, like a mouse."
Jeff's forehead creased into a frown and he followed me. "Why do you hide your face? It's a perfectly ordinary one, if you had one like mine I'd understand. But your face is ordinary."
I shot him a look over my shoulder. "Tell that to the girls at school." I said before turning back around and continuing on my way.

I finally got into the woods and realised that Jeff was no longer there, for a moment I feared he'd taken it literally and was going off to find the girls who bullied me, but then I decided that he must've been offended and didn't want to be around me any more. That was perfectly fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment